I think Data Science will (partly) disrupt Strategy Consulting.
As I was thinking about the impact, benefit and pricing of my new venture with SMART360°Biz and the Enterprise Social Graph (which I am currently validating through the LeanStartupChallenge), it struck me:
- We reduce the requirement from 10 Strategy Consultants to 1
- We help customers see the missmatch of their current organization and their strategy
- Through the use of data/visualizations based on graphs of their organization
- Algorithmic findings/patterns
- Recommendations help your organization to continously adapt and therefore reduce costs and risk of big change programms done by Strategy Consultants
- … plus many more ideas.
And just as I found this to be a great pricing pitch, I stumbled upon this posting from Thomas on “Can data science disrupt strategy consulting?“.
So I said yes, what is your thought?