Within the OpenSource EA Tool iteraplan, we think about offering Wiki support in textfields like descriptions of applications or business processes. A search about OpenSource Java Wiki Engines revealed four possible candidates:
- Radeox: with no real further development going on
- XWiki: Powerful engine with lots of formats supported. And the rendering is an extra component and some documentation for external use is provided:
- Bliki: This engine is part of the Java Wikipedia API
- WikiText: a component of Mylyn which also can be used stand alone
- WikiText FAQ: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylyn/FAQ#WikiText,
- Blog “Rich Editing for Tasks via Mylyn WikiText”: http://tasktop.com/blog/eclipse/rich-editing-for-tasks-via-mylyn-wikitext,
- DeveloperGuide: http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.mylyn.wikitext.help.ui/help/devguide/WikiText%20Developer%20Guide.html
So far XWiki and WikiText (Mylyn) look most promising. Has anyone already used them? Any recommendations?
For us an important feature is to have not only the possibility to export the text to HTML, but also to have it in plain text, which might get used in graphical reports or Excel exports or … I think there must be some examples out there already since it shouldn’t be that new.